Senior Software Engineer | Find.jobs
Salary Range: 90-120K | Location: Midtown - Cleveland, OH | Status: Fulltime
The people we hire.
Our team is comprised of talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We grow our team by finding individuals that share our enthusiasm of helping others find work. The people we hire have the ability to collaborate across departments to create an amazing experience for job seekers, recruiters and employers.
The development team creates world class software using cutting edge technologies in a fast paced agile environment. Our goal is to create a global system that links the correct individual to the correct position. Every year more than 500 million people visit a .JOBS domain trusting our software to provide them with their next career milestone or qualified applicant. These individuals count on our team to help them find relevant open positions, publish their resumes, process their job applications and connect companies and job seekers.
The Senior Software Engineer at Find.Jobs is an architect that drives innovation. You will be required to produce exceptional quality code that is well tested and follows the best practices guidelines for the language in use. Your day-to-day will involve the mentorship of mid and junior-level developers within the organization. We will rely on you to set the groundwork for our development teams. Find.Jobs follows agile methodologies and you are expected to follow the process of Scrum and Kanban. Your passion for learning, knowledge of different technologies and your ability to effectively communicate will aid the business in our goal of connecting the correct applicants to the business who seek them.
Who you are.
- Produce exceptional quality code that is on time and tested.
- Create requirement documents for all development.
- Introduce new technologies to better accomplish goals during development.
- Use validated learning to test the effectiveness of new code.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior and mid-level developers.
- Contribute innovative ideas that match the overall company vision.
- Hold Scrum and Development meetings.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales on software development.
- Provide technical documentation.
- 5-7 years of experience within a software engineering role.
- Mastery of several languages and the ability to explain complex ideas within those languages.
- Extensive experience with relational database (MySQL) and Non-Relational (Elastic) Data-storage solutions.
- Full-stack development experience.
- The ability to learn new concepts and languages quickly.
- Experience with any of the following technologies Drupal, PHP, Python, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Clear and effective communication skill, both verbal and written.
- A passion for teaching, providing help and instruction to members of the team.
- You like Game of Thrones. (just kidding, not a requirement but a plus!)