Accessioning Technician- Farmington CT 06032
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm
Temporary to Hire
- Responsible for the efficient and quality execution of sample accessioning, processing and data generation for the clinical genomics laboratory.
- Ensure sample accessioning is performed in an accurate manner to enable effective testing of samples downstream as ordered.
- Maintain all documentation required for operation under CLIA/CAP certification, including review and writing of SOPs as necessary and use of sample tracking systems in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Work with pathologist to evaluated neoplastic content of sample as needed.
- Sample processing including but not limited to nucleic acid purification and preparation for sequencing and PCR is performed per established processes. Processing of virology specimens per established processes.
- Performs quality control of samples processed and data generated prior to sending to next steps. Maintenance of auxiliary and capital equipment and instrumentation.
- Bachelor's degree in biological, chemical sciences or molecular biology.
- Some experience in a regulated laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP), preferred
- ASCP Certification in Molecular Biology, preferred
- Well organized, with strong attention to detail and process is required
- Will be trained to use the LIMS (laboratory information management systems)
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.