O & H Danish Bakery is looking for an Assistant Store Manager to join the team. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for coaching and developing staff members at their assigned retail location in addition to assisting in scheduling, time sheets, and assisting in the general management of the store location. The right candidate will be passionate about leading team members by example, flexible to jump in and help as needed to develop, coach, and mentor workers in order to achieve sales goals. We encourage you to apply if you are a team-oriented leader with excellent customer service skills who enjoys a challenging role.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop staff members, working with other leaders and Human Resources to facilitate positive relationships with assigned staff members.
- Ensure overall presentation of retail bakery areas and products.
- Work to optimize operational efficiencies while ensuring the company's high quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Conduct daily inventory of stock and packaging supplies for designated locations
- Maintain a weekly work schedule for all assigned staff members.
- Ensure that all workers on team are trained and adhere to the company's Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Ensure that all workers on team are trained and adhere to the company's HACCP and other food safety procedures.
- Ensure daily/weekly orders are being filled accurately.
- Regularly review the performance of personnel on team, promoting strengths and positive contributions to the organization as well as identifying areas for improvements.
- Build team leaders to ensure the team functions as well or better in the absence of their manager as when the manager is present.
- Be willing to help other departments when in need to help carry out our mission on a daily basis.
- Other related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience in Food Service and/or Retail environment strongly preferred
- 1-2 years in supervisory role preferred or 2 years of continuous service within the organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Math skills, including but not limited to the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide without the aid of a calculator
- Ability to read and speak English
- Ability to speak Spanish desired, but not required
- Ability to lead staff members in a collaborative and encouraging manner
- Ability to obtain information and take a proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to list 50 pounds repetitively throughout shift
- Comfortable standing, lifting, and bending for the duration of an entire shift
- Ability to complete repetitive motions throughout designated shift
- Ability to Stand or Walk for extended periods of time throughout shift
Incumbent must be able to work in a retail store locations with minimal hazards. Incumbent of this position may come into contact with cleaning product and other related chemicals as part of their normal job duties.
At O&H Danish Bakery, we strive to make working for our company a great experience. We offer a wide array of employee benefits to full time employees including Health Insurance, a 401k matching program, Paid Time Off, and a 20% discount on bakery purchases.