Job Title: Business Development Center Sales Representative
Department: Business Development Center
Reports to: Internet Manager/General Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: None
Position Description: Communicates with customers through email, phone calls, text messages via company issued phones and equipment and or software, in order to schedule appointments for customers to visit the store by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Required to contact all new Internet leads, by call, text, email, and video must be done on every web lead. (If no vehicle is attached, send inventory video)
- Required to log all new Phone Up opportunities with customers first and last name, marketing source, and vehicle of interest.
- Turns the hot customer to Manager
- Gathers information from the customer about the make, type of vehicle desired; trade in details; customer's goals
- Communication is absolutely the key and is required for a successful team. Required to communicate with your Sales Team at all times. Current CRM, or phone calls.
- After completion of all web leads, store visits from the previous day are required to be called following up on their store visit.
- Required to Call Unsold Showroom Traffic same day X1 hour after they leave the store to inquire how visit went.
- When doing Store Visit follow ups, on Unsold Visits, if there is no BDC attached, requirement is to assign yourself BDC only if contact was made to continue the follow up
- Prospecting: Mines the existing customer database for new and/or additional customer interest in additional vehicle purchases, contacting such customers by email, phone, and text messages is required.
- All tasks required to be done daily and follow the checkout process with Internet Manager/Sales Manager.
- Once contact is made to a customer, if needed, create a new task for yourself and the salesperson in contact to follow up.
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Schedules appointments with customers to visit the dealership to meet with a salesperson who will then conduct the steps of the sale.
- Consults regularly with the GSM, Internet Manager, Sales Managers and Assistant Sales Managers.
- Follows an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Follows a prospect development system and sends follow up emails and makes follow up calls to those potential customers.
- Follows established prospecting steps and procedures.
- Remains knowledgeable of new products, features, accessories, processes, etc.
- Attends sales meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Meets, or exceeds, written forecast and projection numbers.
- Required to maintain a minimum of 7 shown appointments per week (week consisting of Sunday - Saturday.)
- Researches and develops lists of potential clients.
- Identifies and qualifies business opportunities
- Answers Inbound sales phone calls, gather customer contact information and vehicle of interest to set the appointment for the Sales department.
- Responsible for check in/check out procedure of the office as scheduled for opening and closing shifts
- Must use all company data bases and software according to company trained process and procedures.
- Must maintain an 100% training status on all manufacturer and systems used by the Company all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Possess understanding and knowledge of equity and values, automobile depreciation, and local, state and federal laws that guide automobile industry.
Must be excellent at communicating information to visitors and inquirers.
Possess good dress sense that portrays neat and smart personality.
Must be able to sell minimum quota according to dealership standards.
Must be aggressive in selling; and possess a positive attitude.
Must be able to work extended hours, evenings, holidays and weekends.
Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
Valid Driver's License and proof of insurance are required.
Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass an MVR and background check.
Must have a valid California Sales License.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three year's related customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, potential and current clients, Ability to read, analyze and interpret written and verbal instructions in the English Language, with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including writing grammatically correct emails and text messages in the English Language, with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers in the English Language, with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Basic knowledge of County, State, City and Federal sales tax laws. Mathematical skills will be regularly required 5 days a week, 8 to 10 hours per day. Ability to calculate ETA (estimated time of arrival) of product by giving time frame in date and clock time format.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. The above reasoning abilities will be regularly required 5 days a week, 8 to 10 hours per day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work 5 days a week, 8 to 10 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear in person and via phone with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. The employee is frequently required to sit or stand as needed with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day (at desk, or while driving) in an office and car lot environment. Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions. May require walking primarily on a level and unlevel surfaces for periodic periods throughout the day with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. The employee must have excellent keyboarding skills. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-30 pounds with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc. with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an office and car lot work environment. The noise level in these work environments is usually moderate to high. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, and outside weather environment, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment such as, computers, phones, fax and scan machines. May require walking primarily on an unleveled surface for periodic periods throughout the day with a time duration of 5 days a week 8-10 hours per day.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, the job description does not constitute a written, or implied contract for employment. Martin Automotive Group/Simi Valley Chevrolet reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Martin Automotive Group/Simi Valley Chevrolet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Approved By: ____________________________ Date: _____________________
Reviewed By: Employee & Manager:
Name / Position