Caregivers role includes providing hands on care, physical and emotional support to each resident while maintaining a safe and comfortable home like environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Responsible for a designated group of residents during the shift; knows where their residents are and physically checks on each assigned resident as assigned.
- Observes, reports and documents symptoms and conditions of residents for changes in condition such as skin, behavior, alertness, weight, dietary and participation in activities.
- Responds to security system and resident call bells promptly.
- Notifies supervisor and/or Director of Nursing if a resident has increased care needs.
- Assists with continence management and disposes of all continence products properly to ensure sanitation of resident suite and community restrooms.
- Serves and collects food trays and assists as needed; reports refusal of meals or loss of appetite.
- Maintains cleanliness of resident's room and work areas.
- Practices good standard care precautions of cleanliness, hygiene and health.
- Helps residents maintain independence, promotes dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Actively participates/leads and assists residents with activities of daily living (i.e. bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, ambulation, transferring, eating) as instructed.
- Engages residents in life skills and other life enrichment activities.
- Greets and assists all internal and external customers, guests, family members, residents, vendors and team members.
- Does resident laundry as assigned and needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Certified Nurse's Aid certification preferred.
- High School diploma/GED
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Previous experience working with seniors preferred.