Costs Negotiator / Draftsperson - Manchester - complex costs - multi track
COSTS NEGOTIATOR / DRAFTSPERSON - MANCHESTER
Costs Draftsperson / Negotiator - This is an exciting role to join one of the most highly regarded costs team in the country. Fee earners only advise on complex cases for a key range of the firm's clients. Technical ability is paramount and candidates must have proven experience of technical costs work including drafting costs budgets, and schedules of costs. Negotiating skills are also highly important and they will further be the opportunity to conduct advocacy work.
- Job title: Costs Negotiator / Draftsperson - Solicitor / Legal Executive
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £Excellent
- Reports to: Head of Costs
- Previous Experience: Ideally, the team is looking for experienced costs negotiators particularly with proven technical experience of multi track work. Defendant experience would be preferable, but the department will actively consider those with a claimant background. Advocacy experience would also be useful.
AN ESTABLISHED NAME IN THE MARKET
Our client is an established player in the market operating in a range of sectors. Due to the growth of the Costs team a role has arisen for a Costs Negotiator, preferably from a defendant insurance background with a proven depth of technical experience.
This team handles complex, high-value, complex multi-track work. The team also conducts a significant amount of advocacy.
THE IDEAL APPLICANT
Our client is looking to attract candidates who are costs negotiators / costs draftspeople who are looking to really develop a long-term career in this area of law. In particular, candidates should be able to demonstrate experience of handling multi track costs cases. Furthermore, you should be able to:
- demonstrate an ability to run a small caseload of costs files unassisted;
- evidence the ability to lead as well as delegate effectively;
- demonstrate excellent negotiation skills;
- work efficiently in a target driven environment;
- possess strong attention to detail; and
- work effectively as part of a busy team.
Should your experience relate to lower value multi track matters or even fast track, then we would still be interested in hearing from you as our client has implemented a training scheme designed to develop fee earners technical ability.
COMPLEX, CHALLENGING WORK
This is an excellent chance for anyone to develop their Costs career particularly with reference to challenging and complex high-value work. The firm has a history of promoting talented fee earners through its ranks and this role offers the chance to learn new skills and become a key member in the team. The role offers an excellent salary package with fantastic benefits.