Our Client in the Packaging Industry has openings for a Die cutting operator position starting immediately.
Location: Renton WA
Pay: $18 per hour
Position Summary: Performs set-up, maintenance, and operations of cutting equipment.
- Read instructions from the current job ticket / factory cards.
- Set up jobs according to general specifications or modify if necessary.
- Responsible for quality of cutting work.
- Operate cutter in accordance with job orders and operating procedures.
- Initiate action to prevent problems, document quality problems, contribute solutions to problems, verify implementation of solutions and control further processing when a problem is identified.
- Respect and conform to all accepted safe work practices and standards.
- Attend ongoing in-house quality education classes.
- Keep work area clean and well organized.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Education and Experience Required: Minimum of 5 years die cutting operator experience required. Speak, read, write English and have math skills all at 8th grade level and / or related work experience.
Skills and Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand for 8 to 12 hours per day and to withstand noisy conditions. Must have the ability to lift up to 75lbs. and push and pull loads up to 100 lbs. Must have good hand to eye coordination. Ability to use a pallet jack, weigh scale. Must have the ability to work well with others in a team environment, and to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Must be willing and able to obtain forklift certification.
This Role is $18.00/hr to start