How to Apply
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $37,577 - $65,760
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Technician to join our Division 4 Nash County team.
In this role you will:
- Be the lead project inspector conducting independent complex inspections of larger driveway permits and encroachments.
- Review safety and environmental-related items.
- Supervise junior engineering inspectors performing routine to moderately-complex inspections of roadway and utility construction processes/materials to assure compliance with contract agreements, standards, and specifications.
- Evaluate and apply engineering judgement to plan interpretation.
- Establish and maintain positive communication between technicians, engineers, contractors, and the public.
- Accurately maintain daily records of work accomplished.
- Operate a State vehicle.
What You Bring
- Experience conducting independent, moderately-complex inspections with limited supervision.
- Skills evaluating and applying engineering judgment to construction plans, contract provisions, and inspection procedures.
- Experience in maintaining neat, legible and accurate records and reports, including computer/iPad data entry.
- Demonstrated ability to lead co-workers on assigned tasks.
- Computer skills using software/apps on iPads and computers.
- Agility to traverse rough terrain in evaluating highway construction.
- Mindset to apply a safety philosophy and program to all operations.
- Ability to work near high traffic and heavy construction.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Survey Technology, or a related field, and
- 2+ years relevant technician-level experience; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Safety toe shoes are required.
Call me: Melissa Harrison at 252-640-6415.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on