Since 1890, Lund has been harnessing hope and providing opportunities to help families provide a safe, secure and loving environment for all Vermont children. As a multi-service nonprofit organization, Lund serves more than 5,000 individuals each year. Lund’s mission is to help children thrive by empowering families to break cycles of poverty, addiction and abuse. Lund offers hope and opportunity to families through education, treatment, family support and adoption.
Early Childhood Educator
$1000 sign-on bonus!
About the Position:
- Infant and Toddler provides early childhood education in 5 Star accredited childcare center. Responsibilities include nurturing care to young children in collaboration with experienced team of educators. Float Teacher position also available
- Individual Aide assists preschool teachers in supplying individualized support and social and emotional skill building to specific preschool children in Lund classrooms, and work one-on-one with children.Responsibilities include teaching self-regulation skills and providing individual support to children in using these skills in the classroom. Position is temporary for 6-12 months.
- Early childhood educators collaborate with community partners to ensure all children are receiving services that provide for optimal care and education.
- Lund’s early childhood program is a play-based center that is mission-driven and committed to supporting vulnerable families.
- Full-time positions with starting rate of $16-$18/hour; salary determined based on education and experience.
- SUBSTITUTE POSITIONS ALSO AVAILABLE!
What We Look For:
- An Associate’s degree in childhood education (or related field) is preferred.
- Experience working with children and families required.
- Some experience with Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, the Multi-Tier System of Supports framework and/or experience working with children to develop social and emotional skills is preferred, but we will train a candidate who is dedicated and passionate about the care and well-being of children.
- A candidate who is passionate, inspired, and committed to working with a dedicated group of professionals.
Why Join Our Team at Lund:
- We honor and celebrate the distinctive strengths and talents of our clients and staff.
- Our work encompasses collaboration with a strong team of professionals and a strengths-based approach to providing services to families.
- Lund’s adoption program provides life-long services to families brought together through adoption.
- Lund’s residential and community treatment programs are distinctive as our work focuses on both treatment and parenting.
- Lund’s educators believe in laughter, the importance of fun, community-oriented activities, and non-stop learning.
- Ongoing training opportunities are available.
- Lund offers competitive pay and paid training, as well as a comprehensive and very generous benefit package including health, dental, life, disability, retirement, extensive time off accrual, 11 paid holidays, and wellness reimbursement. EEO/AA
Please visit Lund’s employment page to apply https://lundvt.org/about-lund/employment/