Elevator Operator I
- Job Reference: 379570132-2
- Date Posted: 23 September 2021
- Company: Bunge LTD
- Location: Chester, Pennsylvania
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Trades & Services, Agriculture, Consumer Product/Consumer Packaged Goods/Packaging, Education - Excluding Post Secondary, Education - Post Secondary, Facility Maintenance, Healthcare - Allied Health, Healthcare - Dental Care, Healthcare - Nursing, Healthcare - Physician, Miscellaneous
- Job Type: Permanent
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge's expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
The Elevator Operations Specialist is responsible for performing all operations functions relating to the Elevator, Control Room, weighing/grading, housekeeping and rail loading activities. Employee may also be responsible to assist in performing routine maintenance of equipment.
* Perform all tasks in a safe manner
* Actively participate in safety programs and inspections
* Responsible for control room duties, which include continuous monitoring of equipment, processes via computer monitored programs.
* All Equipment and processes are to be operated safely and efficiently
* Perform all tasks relating to receiving and blending of grain
* Work outdoors in the elevator-loading/unloading trucks and rail cars
* Work as a team member, motivating others to function as a team
* Communicate with supervisor, maintaining an open relationship
* Maintain a high level of customer service
* Assist in performing routine maintenance tasks
* Responsible for performing routine housekeeping
* Operate mobile equipment and properly utilize miscellaneous hand tools
* Perform all other assigned duties as required and/or instructed by supervisor
* Perform weighing and grading of all commodities and input customer information into OneWeigh software
* Other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or its equivalency is required
* 1-2 years' experience working in grain elevator is preferred
* Ability to work safely is required
* Must demonstrate dependability and ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
* Computer skill experience is desirable
Schedule: Standard but flexible due to nature of facility needs with overtime required during peak business period.
Candidate(s) selected for this position will be employed by EGT, LLC. EGT, LLC is a joint venture between Bunge North America, the North American operating arm of Bunge Limited, and Pan Ocean America, Inc.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Montana
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Engineer, Equipment Operator, Sustainable Agriculture, Facilities, Healthcare, Engineering, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Operations