Management Business Solutions is actively seeking an Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer
for our client in Hampton, VA
. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working closely with plant leadership to implement new programs, traveling to other locations to oversee implementation and assessing progress and training needs.
- Maintain a culture that is aligned with our EHS goals and objectives, with continuous EHS improvements.
- Manage, direct, coach, lead and motivate plant personnel to achieve EHS goals and objectives in a timely and safe manner.
- Recommend corrective measures; completes plant audits and program assessments and prepares written reports on findings.
- Participate in incident investigations to determine the "root cause" and ensure the implementation of appropriate changes to prevent future occurrences and conducts employee training programs.
- Manage and deliver EHS compliance training.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Environmental, Health and Safety programs and activities to achieve, maintain, and exceed compliance with relevant regulatory laws and regulations as well as comply with our policies, standards, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of EHS experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Thorough understanding of EHS and regulatory processes required.
- EHS related degree is preferred.
- Strong planning, organizational, group facilitation, and presentation skills preferred
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees and organizational functions preferred