Are you a motivated Finance professional looking for an exciting opportunity with an established, dynamic motor retailer, supporting a fast-paced business in driving performance through innovation?
If you are a Finance Manager with experience of statutory accounts, an in-depth understanding of GAAP and IFRS accounting and the ability to take ownership of the accuracy and presentation of all Group reporting, then we are looking for you.
You will lead our Group Financial Reporting team, and with the many leadership development programmes we have on offer, there has never been a better time to find your #jobswagger and continue your career with us.
Due to the current situation concerning COVID 19, this role will initially involve remote working, but will then be based in Witham.
For this exciting role, we are looking for someone to:
* Oversee the consolidation of the Group's results on a monthly basis.
* Set and communicate monthly, year end and budget cycle detailed timetables for the operational accounting teams.
* Prepare and submit all shareholder information as required, in particular full year and half year results, to the agreed deadlines.
* Manage with the year end and statutory audit, dealing with external and internal auditors.
* Prepare the annual statutory accounts under the current required reporting standards to the agreed deadlines.
* Plan and communicate the internal processes required to complete budgets and forecasts, ensuring that budgets and forecasts are prepared accurately and on time.
* Lead the Group Financial Reporting Team on a day to day basis, ensuring the required quality standards and deadlines are met.
* Coach and mentor the team and support with their continuous professional development.
We are looking for someone who:
* Is a qualified Accountant, educated to degree level and preferably with a Financial Practice background.
* Has experience in statutory accounts.Has an in depth understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS accounting.
* Has experience in using Hyperion software (this would be beneficial, not essential).
* Is comfortable analysing data and has a good understanding of Microsoft Excel.
* Can work effectively with others and build productive, collaborative relationships across departments and with third parties.
* Can engage with colleagues at a variety of levels in the organisation.
* Is highly organised, with an ability to work to deadlines, and to plan and prioritise short and long-term tasks effectively.
Interested in joining us?
As part of our mission to the best motor retailer as judged by you, we believe in offering a collaborative and innovative environment, removed of bias or stereotypes. We want everyone to feel comfortable to be themselves while at work, knowing they will be fully supported in their personal development to be the best they can. In creating an inclusive culture, we respect and celebrate the uniqueness of our colleagues through our #WeAreJMG diversification and inclusion strategy.
So, if you're looking to begin your career in an empowering environment where you are appreciated for your hard work and commitment, we would love to hear from you!
Here are just some of the extensive benefits you'll receive:
* 33 days of annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Enhanced parental leave options with up to 16 weeks of full pay.
* Employee care helpline and access to digital GP (for repeat prescription orders and online doctor's appointments).
* Online discount portal including money off retail brands and cashback on purchases.
* 3% contribution pension scheme and 2x annual salary life assurance