Job Title: Load/ Unload Operator
Job Location: Mooresville, NC
Job Type: Full-Time role
Job Schedule: 3 on/3 off – 12 hour schedule
Shift: Day / Night
Salary: $11 - $13/hr. + benefits
Loads, unloads, and moves products for the kiln area operations, which contributes to the safe and efficient production of fired ceramic products that meet the required specifications and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(The section is not intended to be an all-inclusive list and Our Client reserves the right to include other duties as assigned):
- Obtains and confirms the correct travel tickets and load/unload plan at the beginning of each kiln cycle by matching the cycle to the kiln car number for the car that is on the lift; and sorts the tickets by placing two piles on the desk – one for each side of the car
- Performs manual loading and unloading of products to and from the kiln cars according to established procedures
- Reads, references, and/or completes various forms and documents such as: Loading/Unloading Sheets, Travel Tickets, Product Tochi Information Sheets, etc.
- Operates the hydraulic transfer car for moving the kiln cars in the work area; verifies the correct movement of the transfer car by observing the control panel light indicators
- Stacks and un-stacks Tochi in baskets
- Inputs process data into the company’s information systems CAPAC
- Transfers completed pallets by moving with a pallet jack into the Fired Body Rack Server (Material Control Handler) or to the Fired Body Stock Yard
- Keeps product clean and undamaged by handling with clean gloves; and handling, stacking, and un-stacking using established techniques and procedures
- Verifies the placement and the condition of the fire shields on the kiln cars
- Cleans the Tana plates and the Tochi and verifies that they are free of burrs, rough edges, or other abnormal conditions
- Reports work related issues to the team leader or to management in a timely manner (e.g. safety, harassment, violence, production issues, etc.)
- Works safely by avoiding forklifts; staying clear of forklift doors; using personnel doors when entering or exiting the buildings; using caution when operating pallet jacks; being careful of tripping hazards and no entry areas; notifies Team Leader of equipment leaks; and takes necessary safety precautions regarding power outages, kiln shutdowns or gas leaks.
- Participates in PM (Preventive Maintenance), MMOL (Machine Maintenance Operator Leader), and G5S (Global 5S: Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) activities as needed
- Follows all EMS (Environmental Management System) procedures, including the disposal of waste and used materials
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Customer Focus: Knows and anticipates relevant internal / external customer needs and acts accordingly; gives high priority to customer service; seeks to understand customer expectations; consistently demonstrates extra effort to insure customer satisfaction.
- Environmental Awareness and Compliance: Understands and follows established personal safety, security and environmental practices; complies with local, federal and company health, safety, security and environmental regulations; and identifies unsafe or unsecure conditions and take corrective actions.
- Functional & Technical Expertise and Computer Skills: Acquiring and applying functional knowledge in one's own area of specialty (not technical e.g., Finance, HR Management); acquiring and applying technical and functional knowledge in one's own technological area of specialty; using a personal computer and related applications to convey and retrieve information.
- Integrity and Accountability: Acts with integrity; adheres to stated core values and beliefs; accepts responsibility for his/her actions and decisions; is trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Organizational Awareness: Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, procedures, and culture inside the organization to identify potential problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the organization.
- Respect and Humility: Approaches others with respect and humility; shows respect for other's feelings, attitudes, reasoning and opinion; recognizes the value of diversity; emphasizes team success above personal gain; responds well to constructive criticism.
- Safety Orientation: Practices safe behavior; follows safety policies and guidelines; embraces activities that will promote member safety; adheres to personal and team safety regulations; actively participates and supports company safety initiatives; expects and communicates adherence to safety standards from members at all levels.
- Teamwork: Recognizes and appreciates the use of the combined efforts of the group of members, working effectively and efficiently to achieve goals and objectives safely.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Must be able to successfully complete all required job training.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Preferred: 6 month manufacturing/warehousing experience or equivalent
- CRC Bronze or above
- Preferred Certified Production Technician program completion
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Required Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
Required Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and will be determined on a case by case basis):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; and stoop or bend.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.The employee must be able to use a pallet jack to frequently move 400-500 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to humid conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; extreme heat; and airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Overtime may be required on occasion, to ensure the continued flow of production
- Kiln area essential personnel may be required to report to work and/or work extended shifts during inclement weather conditions.
- Safety shoes must be worn while working.
- Cloth gloves may be required while performing certain job duties.
- Protective sleeves and safety glasses may be provided as optional PPE.
NOTE: Please reply to this email with your Updated profile and also let me know the Best time to reach you.