About Hittle Landscaping
Over the past 46 years, Hittle Landscaping ( Hittle ) has grown to become Indiana's largest family-owned landscape company and is ranked by Landscape Management Magazine as the 116th largest landscape company in the Nation. Hittle has a great culture! with many perks and benefits including medical, dental and vision plans, 401k retirement program with company match, paid time off, holiday pay, Corporate Chaplain, opportunities for participating in mission trips, and much more.
Hardscape Install Crew Leader
Primary responsibilities of this position include leading and coordinating workers safely through the completion of routine hardscape installation tasks. Specific areas of focus include prioritizing and monitoring work assignments, promoting job worksite safety, and exhibiting pride and quality of workmanship.
- Motivate, train, and supervise crews of 2-3 individuals.
- Ensure employee and worksite safety at all times.
- Ensure quality of work is completed within the budgeted time, working side-by-side with construction crew members.
- Communicate with landscape designers, account managers, and customers to tackle project challenges and exceed customer expectations.
- Install various projects such as: both brick paver and flagstone patios, pergolas and other wood structures, irrigation and drainage systems, low-voltage lighting, and trees and shrubs.
- Perform snow and ice removal.
- Interpret and implement blueprints/plan view drawings to properly layout construction projects and supervise a crew through project completion.
- Coordinate supplies and equipment needed to complete projects.
- Use company phone to complete project work orders, employee time sheets, and other required paperwork.
- Excellent supervisory and customer service skills.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in related construction field(s).
- Demonstrated organization and leadership abilities.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with proven, safe driving record.
- Class B CDL (preferred)
- Ability to regularly lift 80lbs.
- Experience operating skid-loader and related construction equipment.
- Company Chaplain
- Paid time off
- Health, vision, dental eligible after 30 days
- Limited Free medical, dental, and vision
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Saturday (when needed)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- skid-loader operation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place