We need a GREAT Importing Logistics Specialist to work in our office located in Herriman, Utah. Our company has been in business for over 38 years and we work with customers all over the world. The right candidate in this position will provide support, guidance and compliance on all national and international shipments as well as oversee our fulfillment warehouse.
You must be outgoing, friendly, genuine, motivated, awesome and enjoy working as part of a great team! Want to be a part of OUR TEAM? Here's what we need:
- IMPORT/EXPORT MANAGEMENT - Oversee import and export for international shipments, including verification of export controls, special licensing, HTS and schedule B classifications, country of origin certificates and all other required information
- LOGISTICAL SUPPORT - Generate paperwork (P/L, BOL, CI), track and manage inbound and outbound domestic and international freight, working with vendors and shipping agents, arranging shipments and scheduling pickup with designated freight forwarders and carriers
- RESOLUTION MANAGEMENT - working with carriers to resolve delayed shipments, cargo claims and carrier issues to the end client's satisfaction
- COMPLIANCE - oversee completion and filing of documentation relating to import/export transportation and compliance, including working with federal, state and local governmental agencies as required
- QUOTING - provide timely and accurate shipping, duties and tax estimates, and delivery dates for use by sales team quotes to clients
- WAREHOUSE LEAD - support the warehouse team to ensure accurate receipt and shipping of clients' orders (inventory control) while overseeing general daily workflow, notifying teams of incoming shipments and scheduling priority projects
- 3-5 years of direct logistical experience, domestic and international (from manufacturer to client), including getting products through customs
- Extensive knowledge of unique requirements of international freight, including import and export requirements, duties, customs fees and taxes
- Familiarity with shipping system platform (ie, ShipStation)
- Familiarity with ERPs (ie, NetSuite)
- Beginning to intermediate proficiency using MS office suite: Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Able to communicate with vendors, co-workers and clients professionally, both in writing and verbally
- Maintain high standards of personal integrity and work ethic, adhering to internal policies
- Candidates must pass a background check
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Customs Brokers' license (in process is acceptable)
- Experience with Netsuite and Shipstation, or similar ERPs and shipping platforms
- 2-3 years of warehouse supervisory experience
- Salary depending on experience
- Retirement plan, company matching available
- Paid PTO
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance available
- Potential for raises and bonuses, based on attainment of goals
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter. In the cover letter, please answer these questions:
1) What makes you GREAT?!
2) Do you want to be part of a great team?
3) Why should we hire you?
4) Which of our requirements do you meet or exceed?