Miami Dade College is now accepting applications for the Instructional Designer/Technology Trainer II position. This role develops and conducts instructor-led and online workshops and seminars for faculty, staff and administrators on computer applications and Web technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses needs to design and develop a tailored curriculum.
- Authorizes and designs templates to promote and enable Web usage.
- Conducts workshops, consulting with departments or individuals to integrate technology into campus-based or web-based courses.
- Develops customized training packages that conform to department standards and to institutional need.
- Conducts literature searches and research.
- Develops criterion-referenced objectives, performance standards and instructional strategies.
- Designs and develops modules with learning activities compatible with learner characteristics that match instructional events to the learning process.
- Conducts test and data collection instruments for evaluation.
- Conducts formative and summative evaluations and modifies the workshop design or material based on the results, assisting with information processing, learning task classification and analysis and skill gap analysis.
- Promotes the use of instructional and course management technology and instructs faculty in the use of Web technologies and communication tools in the classroom.
- Assists in the design and development of interactive instructional media.
- Researches the availability of appropriate commercially developed software and promotes its use by faculty; consults with faculty in the design and development of visual, audio, and print material for instruction; collaborates in the development of grant proposals for expanded technological resources.
- Master’s degree and two (2) years of related experience; or bachelor’s degree and six (6) years of related experience, including instructor-led computer application training experience.
To learn more about this and other employment opportunities with Miami Dade College, please visit us at www.mdc.edu/jobs.