Under the supervision of the Chief Manufacturing Officer, and in cooperation with sales, purchasing and manufacturing the JOB ORDER PROCESSOR creates Job Orders in the database, and creates associated bills of material, and routings, and closes Job Orders ensuring all job costs are attached. This is an office/clerical position.
1. Maintain Bills of Material and Routings for Standard Product in the production database, adding/updating when necessary in a timely manner, maintaining accuracy, and working closely with product development.
2. Create new Jobs as required for Orders received from Sales, attaching correct Bill of Material and Routing, and referencing applicable drawings and other documents.
3. Manage Job orders in the database. Monitor and update Job status as requested, notifying manufacturing of changes in a timely manner.
4. Immediately follow-up on Order Change Notifications to Jobs already in production, supplying the necessary information to affected parties and updating Job Order in the database.
5. Close Jobs in a timely manner. Check Jobs prior to closing in ERP system for completeness and accuracy. Attach costs necessary for invoicing, including costs of outside purchases and freight when necessary. File Job folders.
6. Print and collate information and paperwork necessary for manufacturing into Job Packets according to the procedure. Route Job Packets to manufacturing departments in a timely manner.
7. Perform and/or monitor entry of material transactions, and labor transactions.
8. Run scheduling as required.
The ability to think through and visualize the process to build a sign, and to spot potential problems or to question details is necessary.
Requires a high degree of organizational skills; proficiency in data entry
Must have the ability to work in a team environment
Helpful: ability to read and understand blueprints; proficiency in math basic knowledge of custom sign fabrication is a plus..