Junior Installation Manager
Senior Installation Manager and the Director of Staging
Staging Design Project Managers, Junior Project Managers, Senior Installation Manager, Senior Warehouse Manager
The primary focus of the Junior Installation Manager role is to assist in the day-to-day execution of installation work, maintaining standards and quality on staging projects, and reporting back to the Installation Manager and Senior Installation Managers as needed.
- Assist in the moving of furniture according to design concepts prepared by internal design team
- Cleans sites during and after installation work, including but not limited to dusting, disinfecting, vacuuming, trash removal, and organizing
- Builds furniture using directions and tools provided by manufacturer
- Packaging and unpacking of furniture, art, and accessories for move-in and move-out activities
- Swapping of items rejected either by internal or external teams once initial work is complete, typically utilizing company Sprinter
- Assist project managers with any in-person activities via virtual communication required
- Lifts and maneuvers items independently, with internal teammates, as well as with third party moving team, using proper physical form techniques and adhering to OSHA standards.
- Documents projects prior to move in and move out, reporting any damages to management for client communication.
- Uploads comprehensive photo documentation of installation progress at the end of each work day to company-wide file sharing platform with proper internal notifications to management.
- Measures spaces and makes erasable markings to assist in both design phase and installation phase activities.
- Assist in all basic art handling and installation activities
- Notifies management of any damages that occur promptly with corresponding photo documentation
- Follows the ASH Uniform Policy and to reach and exceed target goals set by the Director of Staging and Installation Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge, experience and interest in the staging industry is preferred
- Ability to use both power tools and manual tools with expert or near-expert level skills
- Physical strength required for moving, art handling, and general installation and moving assistance
- Comfortable being on and using a ladder more than 10' from the floor
- Ability to wear a face covering for 8+ hours, 5 days per week
- Punctual - you respect others' time and work to always complete tasks in the required timelines set
- Traveler - you enjoy traveling to different project sites each day, embracing a work life where no two days are alike
- Naturally organized - without any third-party direction, you seek the pinnacle of organization and consistency within all components of your professional life
- Perfectionist - you are naturally inclined to root out any imperfections whenever they present themselves
- Down-to-earth - while you like being recognized and rewarded as all people do, you are comfortable being the person supporting the leaders of the brand, and deferring to client requests as they come in
- Energetic - you thrive in fast-paced environments and are ready for significant workload changes at moments' notice
- System-oriented - you thrive in environments where there is a clear, consistent system in place to complete work, and enjoy building and molding such systems over time
- Strong - you have physical strength required for moving and lifting heavy items on a regular basis
- Flexible - you are comfortable pivoting from one activity to another at the drop of a hat and thrive in environments where things are shifting constantly; this is not a strict 9 to 5 position
ASH NYC is an equal opportunity employer that maintains a welcoming and open company culture. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.50 per hour