Landfill Equipment Operator
- Job Reference: 260433912-2
- Date Posted: 8 April 2021
- Company: Waste Pro USA, Inc.
- Location: Ball Ground, Georgia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Trades & Services, Education - Excluding Post Secondary, Education - Post Secondary, Healthcare - Allied Health, Healthcare - Dental Care, Healthcare - Nursing, Healthcare - Physician, Non-Executive Management
- Job Type: Permanent
Now Hiring a Landfill Equipment Operator in Ballground, Georgia!
The Landfill Equipment Operator is Responsible for the inspection of incoming waste and the placement and management of that waste on the site as well as moving and spreading waste and earth. The efficient and safe operation of the site.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Able to operate a front-end loader and other heavy equipment.
* Understand refuse disposal policies, procedures, guidelines and practices.
* Ability to manipulate heavy equipment control levers.
* Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
* Ability to maintain written records.
* Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
* See in the normal visual range with or without correction
* Exhibit normal range of body motion
* Must have a valid driver's license for the state in which the position works. Requires a clean driving record.
* 2 years of experience operating heavy equipment
* 24 hour Landfill Operators License preferred.
* High school Diploma or GED preferred
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Ability to perform pushing, pulling, bending, lifting of up to 75 pounds throughout the shift with or without reasonable accommodations. As well as climb into and out of a truck repeatedly.
Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust