THIS POSITION OFFERS A $2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
The Life Properties is growing! We are adding a Maintenance Supervisor to our team! The Maintenance Supervisor will work closely with management in overseeing and coordinating the daily operations of the maintenance team to ensure the repair and maintenance of property facilities and apartment units. You will be responsible for embodying and working to reinforce The Life Properties' Core Values.
Who are we? The Life Properties is a privately-owned, fully integrated real estate operating company focused on acquiring, renovating, and managing multi-family investment properties nationwide. We manage a diverse housing portfolio of over 9,000 apartment homes across the United States. We focus on providing an elevated level of customer service and perform a remarkable transformation of properties to create thriving communities for our residents. We are the property management arm of Olive Tree Holdings, a growing real estate investment firm focused on investments in C & B class value-add multifamily properties in growing markets in the Southern US. Olive Tree executes a value-add strategy to renovate the asset and improve the quality of on-site staff, thereby driving significant NOI growth for the asset. The Life Properties then takes over the acquisition and focuses on site management at each location.
What do we offer? Competitive compensation package with a variety of benefit options. A great group of people that believe in working together for the greater good and having fun while doing it! A team that supports your personal and professional growth and is willing to make investment to help you achieve your long-term goals.
What your day to day will look like:
- Ensures that all maintenance work, make-readies, repairs/replacements are completed correctly, timely and according to The Life Properties standards.
- Personally handles any tasks that are considered more complex and/or labor-intensive.
- Monitor and manage the maintenance inventory based on property needs while staying with the budget.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with vendors.
- Ensures that work is always performed according to OSHA standards and company safety policies.
- Assigns and oversees work performed by vendors, inspecting for accuracy and completeness.
- Regularly inspects buildings and grounds, reporting needed repairs and/or replacements to management.
- Develops and maintains preventative maintenance schedule and assigns tasks for completion by maintenance staff.
- Communicates and shares information with property and regional management regarding overall property maintenance condition, status, and staff.
- Ensures maintenance goals and objectives are mutually understood and provides feedback.
- Works on-call as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to succeed:
- High school diploma/GED
- 3+ years of multi-family maintenance experience
- EPA Type II or III or Universal license required
- CPO required
- Valid drivers license
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Experience working with hand tools and knowledge of safety rules
- Experience working with renovations and vendors/contractors
- HVAC experience required
- Top notch customer service and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Supervisory experience required
- Understanding of OSHA laws and regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk use hands and fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The associate must be able to lift 25 pounds individually and up to 50 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
- Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and visually determine the correct working order of physical aspect of units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small details.
- While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions as well as dirt and/or dust.