- Job Reference: 260305852-2
- Date Posted: 8 April 2021
- Company: Massage Envy
- Location: Haleiwa, Hawaii
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Education - Excluding Post Secondary, Education - Post Secondary, Graphic Design/CAD, Healthcare - Allied Health, Healthcare - Dental Care, Healthcare - Nursing, Healthcare - Physician, Interior Design/Decorating, Law Enforcement, Non-Executive Management, Social Services/Counseling, Veterinary Services
- Job Type: Permanent
What We'll Accomplish Together
As a massage therapist at Massage Envy in Kapolei,* essential duties include performing professional quality massage within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable) and in alignment with policies and protocols, utilizing approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your franchised location, designing specific sessions based on member's/guest's individual needs, and upholding the Massage Envy brand's core values of optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
* Must follow all Massage Envy policies and protocols.
* Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
* Utilizes Massage Envy approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your location.
* If performing hot stone, deep muscle or prenatal therapy, must have appropriate training and satisfy the minimum clinic education hours.
* Maintain professional appearance at all times.
* Design specific sessions based on member's/guest's individual needs.
* Assists in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients.
* Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
* Reliable, on time attendance. Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.
* Completes Wellness Chart documentation accurately and completely.
* Other duties as assigned.
What it Takes to Succeed
Qualified candidates will:
Education, Skills and Training:
* Have completed the minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school as well as required classroom work.
* Participate in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
* Be able to complete a background check with satisfactory results as a condition of employment.
* Adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
* Have knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities.
Communications and Personal Interactions
* Have a strong customer service orientation.
* Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with members, guests, co-workers and management.
* Maintain client confidentiality.
* Have a positive and encouraging attitude
* 401K program
* Medical Benefits
* Paid Vacation
* Free Sessions
* Advancement oppertunites
Massage Envy Hawaii is the fastest growing spa on the island. Come start your career and join our team!
*Massage Envy Franchising, LLC (?MEF?) is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.