Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Mortgage Loan Originator directs origination of residential mortgage loans from a borrower through a branch network.
* Completes mortgage applications for submission to the loan processing and underwriting departments
* Evaluates loan requests, analyze financial data, and determines qualification of collateral and customer credit history
* Maintains contact with loan customer, communicating progress of loan and obtaining any required documentation
* Structures loan to comply with acceptable lending practices and Federal regulations
* Establishes detailed marketing/business plan including names of potential and existing loan customers, realtors, builders, developers, etc and frequency of contact
* Answers customer calls and walk- in customers to discuss various loan products and qualification information
* Makes sales calls on potential or existing customers as established in Regions marketing plan to develop new business or retain existing business
* Cross-sells other bank products and services
* Reads surveys and appraisals, and takes necessary steps to correct encroachments and violations
* May participate in networking through professional, business and community organizations and activities to promote and market loan products
This position requires the tracking of time and is eligible for overtime for hours worked in excess of 40 per week under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
* Compensation is Commission based
This position requires registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). Please refer to () for more information.
* High school diploma or GED
* Three (3) years of mortgage lending experience with proven mortgage production.
* Abundant mortgage experience in developing external business via referral partners in the market including but not limited to realtors, builders, and financial planners.
* Bachelor's degree
* Prior Mortgage Loan Originator experience
Skills and Competencies
* Knowledgeable of Mortgage products, systems, terminology, tax requirements, etc.
* Sales acumen
* Knowledgeable on agency and investor regulations and guidelines
* Must be able to multi-task competing priorities and meet tight deadlines
* Must be able to build and maintain internal and external relationships to deliver high levels of service
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Good organizational skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Birmingham, AL; Pelham, AL; Hoover, AL: Anniston, AL; Gadsden, AL,
Regions Center - Birmingham
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans