We are recruiting male Support Workers for a new step-down service in Buckingham.
We are looking for experienced Support Workers, who have a background working with adults with learning disabilities, with complex needs and challenging behaviour.
This will be supporting a gentleman in his own house in Buckingham. He has a learning disability with specific additional health needs and complex behaviours which can be a challenge to staff. This is an exciting opportunity to support him to achieve new things and make huge positive changes to his life.
At Affinity Trust all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
Being a support worker means you are integral to the day to day lives of the people you support, helping them with various activities such as assistance with personal care, household chores, meal preparation, leisure activities, social inclusion and maintaining health and well-being.
We are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
Be the difference, change lives!
If you would like a fulfilling and flexible career that will make a difference to people apply today.
Skills & Experience
You will need to be an experienced Support Worker with a background in providing support to adults with learning disabilities, with complex needs including behaviours that challenge.
You will need to be able to work 30 hours a week, covering long days, waking nights, sleep ins, and weekends.
Support work offers you a chance to make a genuine difference to people's lives and no day will be the same!
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support and those that have not previously worked in care will be supported with completing the Care Certificate.
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people's lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
- Access to our online discount portal, which we call affinity4you, that offers discounts off shopping, holidays, cinemas, days out and gym membership
- Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)
- Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life's issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
- Occupational Health support
- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Refer a friend scheme
*pro rata for part time staff
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010".
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be provided by Affinity Trust.