Position Summary: Responsible to analyze and drive business growth initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
- Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Responsible for fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
- Maintains complete confidentiality of company information.
- Prepares forecasts and analysis of trends in revenue, expenses, finance, general business conditions, and other related areas.
- Evaluate potential business growth opportunities, utilizing both internal and external data sources.
- Strong SQL background and familiarity with extracting data from systems to perform the required analysis.
- Complete ad hoc analysis projects with tight deadlines.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators to make recommendations for improved financial performance
- Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management.
- Support the team in budgeting and forecasting activities and monthly financial reviews.
- Build and maintain complex financial models to support decision making.
- Build performance reports, and dashboards using business systems and data visualizer software.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously, with a focus on impacting growth, efficiency, and profitability across the brand.
- Using data to provide both actionable forecasts and automated detection and decision models.
- Responsible for the delivery and maintenance of high-quality reports and tools.
- Support regular presentations to senior executives on budget, forecasting, and other business critical initiatives.
- Own delivery of analytic processes working with other departments as necessary to expand group capabilities
- Challenge the team to accomplish more using data in real time to help automate processes or enable insights and decision making faster.
- Lead the annual budgeting and periodic forecasting processes.
- Identify projects and drive to completion for enhanced group analytic capabilities.
- Maintain a wider roadmap of high importance items working with senior leadership across the company to identify the highest priority areas to improve.
- Other duties, as assigned
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities: In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
- Obtain and retain required license(s).
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
- Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
- BA/BS from an accredited university with a degree in Finance/Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field is required. Master’s degree is a plus
- 4+ years prior experience in an analytics-oriented role; financial and/or marketing analytics experience in casino gaming environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and experience presenting to management.
- Very high level of attention to detail required.
- Able to Interpret data and make meaningful and actionable recommendations to senior-level executives in a clear, thorough, and professional manner.
- Strong active-listening skills with clear and concise mastery of the English language.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with minimal direction.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Work Environment: The noise level is loud when on the gaming floor. Candidate will be exposed to smoke when on the gaming floor. Confidentiality and gaming experience are a must.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Virginia Racing Commission License
A list of physical demands, equipment, & work environment demands can be reviewed in Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.