Afton properties, Inc is a full-service Real Estate Management Company. Our hands-on ownership and management style paired with our knowledge of industry standards and operations standards has allowed us to grow significantly since the birth of the corporation. One of our highest priorities is our tenants living in healthy and safe environments, and receiving the individual attention and focus they deserve. Our long-term vision leads us to prioritize the upkeep and maintenance of our properties to ensure our residents feel pride in residency. To attain these standards for the tenants and owners we service were require employees committed to working with the highest standards in their work ethic.
We are seeking a Porter with some light maintenance duties to work at an apartment community in Oceanside CA. The employee will be responsible for a variety of duties to ascertain we are meeting our company goals.
A High School Diploma or equivalent.
Ability to understand instructions verbally and in written form.
Ability to communicate effectively, multi-task and have good organizational skills.
Ability to frequently stand and walk.
Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Ability to frequently lift, climb, kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl.
Ability to work around chemical cleaning solutions.
Must be very detail-oriented. Must take pride in your work product.
Groundskeeper/ Porter/ Maintenance Tech
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance Porter/Groundskeeper is responsible for the upkeep of grounds by removing, cleaning, and collecting all trash, and debris from the properties amenities, building exteriors, offices, parking lots, and all sections that make up the whole of a common area of the community property. Additionally, the Porter/Groundskeeper will assist maintenance in their duties as assigned
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets.
- Ensure the building entrance is free of clutter at all times.
- Run errands for management and employees
- Fix minor technical issues, like changing bulbs
- Report any damage, on the property.
- Maintain stock of cleaning supplies.
- Comply with health and safety regulations.
- Follow evacuation rules in case of emergencies.
- Empty and clean trash containers.
- Clean interior and exterior areas of buildings on our campus on a daily basis, as well as perform additional seasonal cleaning tasks.
- Perform light excavation, using shovels, picks, and other tools to dig trenches and level ground.
- Maintain landscape and garden areas by planting grass, trimming trees and bushes, and fertilizing flowers and other plants.
- Pick up and remove trash and debris from the property and dispose of it appropriately on a daily basis.
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed.
- Perform manual repairs when requested. (fix locks, cabinets etc.)
Other duties as assigned or required by the property manager.
Environment/Conditions: In constant movement around property visiting different work locations.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Lifting and moving of material, cleaning, organizing, cleaning out units, hauling large trash, moving large items such as furniture and appliances.
Equipment Used: Ladders, yard maintenance equipment, dolly's, vacuum-cleaning products, golf carts.
Employees will be working 5 days a week as assigned by their supervisor.
The employee will be included in a rotation for servicing after-hour calls that might need to be addressed after normal business hours.
Employees may be scheduled to work on weekends.
- $16.00 an hour + Overtime + Bonus
Medical Options with Employer Contribution, Vision, Dental
Paid Holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
Afton Properties is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of safety and mutual respect for all staff members. Afton Properties does not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.