Production Associate Job Description
AlpHa Measurement Solutions is a liquid sensor technology platform serving the complex testing needs of water quality, pharmaceutical, laboratory, and industrial markets with an unmatched combination of precision, reliability, innovation, and flexibility. We are a vertically integrated manufacturer, creating thousands of units and processing several hundred orders and shipments each day for customers throughout the world. We approach the market with three core brands: Analytical Sensors & Instruments (ASI), Van London, and Aurora Scientific Instruments.
Pay: $10.00 + depending upon skill set
Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8am to 4:30pm
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life, 401(k), PTO and Paid Holidays
The Production Associate performs all tasks involved in the production of the company's products. This includes fabrication, filling, sub-assembly, soldering, potting, final assembly, testing, screening, packaging and packing to established methods and work instructions. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Read routing and perform work as assigned by department supervisor
- Assemble units per specifications or work instructions, by product number and product type
- Fabricate or modify parts, using provided shop equipment and tools
- Attach appropriate labels to wires, products and packages
- Test product functional performance to ensure conformance to specifications before passing to next operation
- Record any defects or other data as requested by supervisors or managers
- Where applicable, understand serialized processes and trace data through products serial number
- Pack finished goods into correct packages and boxes
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Performs other duties as required and assigned; duties and activities may change over time
Required Key Competencies
- Ability to Work Quickly and Methodically
- Thoroughness and Attention to Details
- Ability to Follow Instructions
- Willingness to Work Flexibly
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, various temperatures, and moving mechanical equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The position requires the ability to concentrate while doing repetitive tasks. The employee is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous production experience
- Previous experience in production of electro-chemical or electronic equipment a plus
- Must be able to routinely lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environments
- Occasional overtime to meet business needs
- Must be conversant in English
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
AlpHa Measurement Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AlpHa Measurement Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
AlpHa Measurement Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of AlpHa Management Solutions' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.