Bay Area Friendship Circle is a local Jewish organization that pairs trained volunteers with children, teens, and young adults with special needs at ongoing programs. We are seeking a charismatic, well organized and detail-oriented Program Facilitator to implement and execute our programs. This is a part-time role. Seeking someone who can work in person when it is safe to do so.
Program Facilitator Position:
· Availability: A few hours in the evenings on weekdays, Sundays
· Time Commitment: 5-10 hours/week
· Executes and facilitates the programs that the Program Director creates content for including but not limited to: Virtual Sunday Circles, Young Adult Circles, Friends at the Park, 7th/8th Grade Volunteer Program, and Family Support Group.
· “On-site” point of contact for events both virtually and in person. There is minimal prep work for this role as the Program Director will be doing the logistics and planning aspect of the program. If parents have questions or volunteers have concerns on the day of, the Program Facilitator will be the point person to address these concerns or issues.
· Conducts new family meetings with prep from Program Director
· Fills in for Program Director when needed (ex: attending meetings with the Jewish Federation, communicating with vendors, etc.)
· Collaborates and provides pre & post feedback from events so the Program Director can enhance the programs for the future.
· This plan is subject to change with modifications of role.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Must be able to work on Sundays (flexible schedule is allowed during the week)
· Well organized with planning and execution
· Experience managing multiple programs
· Self-starter who takes initiative, ability to work independently with minimum direction
· Experience with programs specifically for children and teens with special needs is a plus
· Works well under pressure
· Comfortable meeting new people and presenting information
· General knowledge of the Bay Area Jewish Community
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org..