- Written and oral communication skills, including knowledge of medical terminology.
- Legible handwriting.
- Ability to interact effectively with clinical team and other staff.
- Organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates sound leadership skills; professional role model.
- Understanding of customer service skills with patients and families.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Understanding of patient rights and confidentiality
- Performs nursing process across the continuum to deliver age and developmentally appropriate patient-family-centered care.
- Plan, implement and document physical and mental health nursing care plans
- Administer and assess the effects of prescribed medications and treatments
- Teach strategies and activities designed to promote both mental and physical wellness
- Interpret laboratory and diagnostic test results and inform physician
- Proficient in time management, problem-solving, crisis intervention, analytical, diagnostic and physical assessment skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)