Agile Legal seeks 2 to 3 virtual/remote senior-level Blue-Sky & Securities Paralegals for full-time and/or a part-time role. Our clients in this practice area primarily request assistance with Private Fund Formation and related Blue Sky & Securities compliance for these vehicles. The successful candidate must have hands-on, working knowledge as outlined below to properly support both our law firm and in-house client base.
Working experience either in-house or within a law firm’s practice groups for Blue Sky & Securities, Funds Formations, or Start Up are highly recommended including:
- Manage and assist with basic and advanced Blue Sky-related research, analysis and filings. Demonstrates an advanced proficiency, and excels in, handling Blue Sky-related research and filings, including Form D filings in the Electronic Filing Depository (EFD).
- Specific experience and understanding of the state securities or Blue Sky Laws and the general filing requirements in the states. Maintains knowledge of up-to-date practices regarding Blue Sky laws and basic filing procedures, both manual and electronic. Ensures that all compliance matters are monitored and maintained within company approved protocols.
- Maintains knowledge of up-to-date practices regarding federal forms and Edgar filings.
- Other good experience:
- Reg A and/or Reg D financings
- VC Funds and/or Private Fund securities compliance for formation and maintenance
- Experience with state level research for self-executing exemptions
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Complies with and understands company operation, policies and procedures. Must have a home office with knowledge of relevant computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Must be a self-starter with the ability and flexibility to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands, as well as the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to learn and navigate various software programs such as Carta and Airtable
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The position is primarily responsible for supporting Agile’s corporate clients and small law firms across the United States in addition to working with other members of Agile’s Blue Sky & Securities team providing such services.
- Strong customer service and client relations
- Strong project management
- Solid computer skills and experience with MS Office products
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Attention to detail and thinking ahead
- Pride and integrity in your work product
- Professionalism and organization skills