Agile Legal seeks 2 or 3 part-time/flex-time senior-level paralegals specializing in Labor & Employment or Privacy law to join our remote team. The successful candidate must have excellent working knowledge of Labor & Employment law either in a single state or multiple states, preferred, from start to finish to service law firm attorneys and in-house legal teams across the country. Must have experience with investigations, setting up cases, drafting, docketing, calendaring, employment divisions, and creating, structuring, or revising employee manuals. The candidate must be willing to research local exemptions and rules. Additional knowledge and experience employment law litigation or similar are also a plus.
- Sets up case files, prepares drafts of legal documents, responses to claims, pleadings, subpoenas and requests for information, demands, garnishments, wage attachments, deposition summaries, and memoranda from internal and external sources.
- Manages deadlines, case/matter calendar, court appearances, depositions, meetings, etc. between the law firm (outside counsel) and company.This includes developing, maintaining, monitoring, and tracking internal processes and databases.
- Performs legal research and data compilation, verifies citations and references in legal documents.
- Familiarity with the DFCH and EEOC claims process.
- Must be able to handle high volume cases from a single law firm, multiple law firms, and/or multiple corporate legal teams in different jurisdictions that includes researching local exemptions and rules if unknown and when necessary.
- Creates and implements all elements of Employment Law or case management systems, including file management (electronic), calendaring, docketing, reviewing contracts, task lists and related deadlines.
- Researches and analyzes case management procedures, local court rules and statutes for employment compliance.
- Assist in ensuring related legal and internal documents are completed accurately and entirely in accordance with applicable local and country jurisdictional laws.
- Self-motivation and ability to proactively monitor deadlines and look up local rules, processes, and exemptions when necessary
- Strong customer service and client relations including phone and email contact with clients, attorneys, and courts
- Strong project management skills
- Solid computer skills and experience with MS Office products
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Multiple Employment Law or case management program (or similar) usage experience is required
- Attention to detail, solution oriented and forward thinking that strives to anticipate deadlines
- Professionalism and organization skills
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 7 years of working experience in Employment Law
- A self-starter who works well independently and with a virtual team
- Flexible and responsive
- Enjoys communicating with clients and guiding people through projects
- Able to function well under pressure and deadlines
- Detail-oriented problem solver who thinks ahead
- Pride and integrity in one's work
- Highly professional and well organized