Do you want a promising and satisfying career? Are you prepared for a great opportunity? KS StateBank, a successful, forward-thinking and growing full-service bank, is ready to expand our Residential Mortgage Operations Team with the addition of a Residential Mortgage Loan Closer.
The Residentioal Mortgage Loan Closer will coordinate with processing and underwriting staff to perform all necessary procedures to close and fund residential mortgage loans in accordance with policies and loan-specific requirements. Duties include, but are not limited to: contacting third parties (e.g. broker, title company) to request documents; verifying the accuracy of required documents; handling outside communications to ensure loans are closed in a timely manner; and coordinating loan funding.
- Reviewing underwriting approval for each "clear to close" loan file to ensure that all prior to closing conditions have been cleared by an authorized employee
- Contacts third parties (e.g. broker, title company) to request required documents
- Verifies accuracy and consistency of specifications on documents, such as title abstract and insurance forms • Communicate with the closing attorney or agent to ensure timely scheduling of a loan closing • Prepare company closing instructions and documents required for closing and forward the closing package to the closing attorney or agent
- Record loan information in log and on government reporting forms
- Compile closed loan forms for delivery to investors
- Field requests and inquiries from originators, closing attorney/agent, realtors and customers • Coordinate loan funding within and outside the Bank
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Previous mortgage banking experience preferred
- Familiarity with Encompass loan processing software is a plus
TECHNICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail
- Being very organized and analytical
- Having an aptitude for figures
- Possessing accurate typing/data entry ability
Employee benefits include 401k, health, dental and vision insurance and paid time off. View the full job description and apply at ksstate.bank/careers.
No phone calls or fax submissions please. EOE