Miami Dade College, is accepting applications for the position of Senior Facilities Project Manager, Construction. This position is responsible for the project oversight for major construction and renovation projects including the design, construction, renovation and remodeling of College buildings, site and utilities systems and ancillary plant. Requires a higher level of experience with all phases of project planning and implementation, and assumes responsibilities over large-scale and multiple projects, leading multi-functional teams, actively collaborating with business development, and providing strategic direction across all project initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the appropriate Project Managers in the planning, development and completion of College construction projects at various locations
- Serves as mentor and coach to Facilities Project Managers, ensuring communication of contractual obligations throughout all phases
- Serves as liaison between the College and construction management firms in reviewing plans prepared by consultants, and overseeing and managing project construction
- Oversees budget and record keeping; personnel management; contract management; project schedule and meeting all applicable codes, inspections and legal requirements in the construction of educational facilities
- Develops and coordinates multiple capital building programs for construction
- Serves on College committees as appropriate, and assists with the selection process for architectural/engineering and construction management services; monitors construction expenditures of the capital budget for each project
- Develops project organizations in alignment with corporate strategy and creates project office implementation plans
- Manages large-scale, complex and multiple projects including advanced risk assessment, change management, performance and control measures, and rapid project health assessments and recovery strategies
- Utilizes advanced cost and scheduling control techniques for monitoring and controlling multiple projects and enterprise-wide resources
- Leads multiple project teams and other project managers and stakeholders, and relate to executives and customers
- Reviews and authorizes payment of invoices develops contract documentation attends pre-bid and pre-construction meetings, manages the monitoring and the quality of work
- Oversees the preparation of status reports with initial estimates directs and evaluates the performance of staff and contractors through periodic inspections and direct daily supervision
- Ensures completion of projects in accordance with established standards, schedules and budget parameters
- Conducts performance evaluations of contractors and consultants
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or related field and eight (8) years of experience in a large industrial, commercial or educational complex; or a Master's degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or related field and four (4) years of experience in a large industrial, commercial or educational complex.
To learn more about this and other positions at Miami Dade College visit us at www.mdc.edu/jobs.