HODGE WESTERN CORP
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILIITES:
- Long term consistent travel to different states throughout the US is a key component of the position.
- Successfully perform all superintendent responsibilities to manage and oversee projects from beginning to completion as well as supervise multiple projects as required by management.
- Manage the activities of subcontractors, vendors and labor, maintaining strict control over the accuracy and quality for each work activity.
- Organize, train, recruit, direct and coordinate field construction team.
- Develop and Maintain Owner, Architect and Subcontractor relationships.
- Perform and/or review daily Job Hazard Analysis with team.
- Set and achieve standards for quality control.
- Inspect all equipment onsite daily and report to management with needed repairs.
- Manage schedule including building and revising a 3 week look ahead schedule on a weekly basis.
- Hold, enforce and participate in Safety Training Program
- Track project quantities for record keeping and billing purposes in a timely manner.
- Maintain and ensure consistent and accurate field reporting including daily reports, extra work orders, safety logs, and incident reports. Be able to identify and track additional work beyond scope.
- Perform manual work in rare circumstances when circumstances require it.
- Conduct self in a way that represents the company in a safe and professional manner.
- Ability to work 8-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent experience associated with commercial and/or heavy civil construction.
- Knowledge of job scheduling, planning and cost control.
- Prior experience as foreman, journeyman, project manager or project engineer.
- Extensive experience reading project plans and specifications.
- Advanced knowledge of current safety standards.
- Leadership and management skills to successfully lead a team of employees to success.
- Proficient in MS Office programs, PDF/Bluebeam and general computer knowledge. To complete the daily required tasks.
- Knowledge of GPS equipment operations
We perform work in numerous market sectors, providing highly productive and safe utility trenching services with specialized equipment. Some of the markets include renewable energy, utility scale solar, private development and infrastructure, rural water system utilities and transmission pipelines.
Our machines are equipped with the latest in Topcon GPS technology. Automatics are enabled on each machine to control dig depth and horizontal control is provided by a steer indication. Numerous chain widths and depths are available and we have the ability to customize to the desired trench dimensions. The optional load our conveyor provides our crews a mechanism to allow trench spoils to move directly from the ditch line to your hauling vehicle, eliminating additional handling of the material and facilitating a clean and uncluttered path for utilities to be installed.
For more info visit our website at www.hodgewesterncorp.com
- Simple IRA with matching contribution
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off: Vacation and sick pay
- Salary is highly competitive. HWC also pays meal per diem and provides housing for this position as well as a company truck with fuel card for business use.
Hodge Western Corp. offers competitive compensation based on qualifications and comprehensive benefits. We are a drug free company, and we take safety seriously. Please visit our website at www.hodgewesterncorp.com to learn more. Hodge Western Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified and/or qualifiable applicants are encouraged to apply.