Shipping & Receiving - Shipping Staff
SolvChem, Inc. is seeking an experienced Shipping Staff to work in our Shipping & Receiving Department at our plant in Pearland, Texas. This is perfect for a hardworking, energetic individual who can work in a fast-paced plant environment. Salary range is from $15.00 to $16.00, depending on experience.
The Shipping Staff will receive and unload bulk freight such as chemical products, drums, totes, both manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks; will check for damaged goods; verifies quantity and quality of order; verifies items received with purchase order; wraps, packages, and ships supplies; delivers and retrieves supplies to and from work or storage areas.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Support the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer
- Assist Shipping team with promptly loading and unloading trucks, deliveries as well as sorts and stocks receivables
- Safely and efficiently operate a forklift
- Ensure all required labels and product information is visible and legible on each pallet or shipment
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Maintains an accurate log of daily moves, scanning inventory, and counting accurately.
- Conducts Daily Inventory Checks
- Responsible to ensure that pick-ups by the carrier specified on the customer's purchase order which is conveyed to Customer Service/ Shipping Clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products.
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
- Provides additional backup support for shipping and receiving department members
- Maintain the work area and equipment clean and orderly and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Promote a safe working environment with exceptional leadership in all the company Environmental, Health and Safety Programs.
- This list is not all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned and necessary for the operation and management of the Logistics department. Will performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in shipping & receiving preferred
- Forklift certificate with previous employer or onsite training and certification will be provided
- Minimum three (2) years of work experience in chemical industry preferred
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working with bulk, totes, drums for a Shipping & Receiving Department, preferably within a chemical plant.
- Preferred experience with DOT HAZMAT, shipping & receiving
- Attributes consistent with company culture; safety, customer focus, integrity, continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Bilingual - Communicate (English/Spanish) preferred
- Preferred: Intermediate Microsoft Office Programs i.e.; Excel, Word
- Analytical aptitude, commitment to accuracy and quality, problem solving skills, attention to detail
- Efficiency, productivity, strong organizational skills and accuracy
- Time management, with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple tasks & multiple priorities
- Proactive disposition with strong follow through skills
- Position requires occasional long hours, work on the evenings, occasional weekends or holidays when needed.
- General office environment including; Stand, walk, sit, reach, stoop, and bend and use of hands to grasp, handle, pick up, and type.
- The physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to pass all of Drug & Alcohol Screening.
SolvChem offers competitive wages and benefits.
SolvChem is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. EOE.