Sr Analyst, Supply Chain & Materiel Management Generalist
- Job Reference: 260434022-2
- Date Posted: 8 April 2021
- Company: Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Transport & Logistics, Education - Excluding Post Secondary, Education - Post Secondary, Facility Maintenance, Government & Defense, Healthcare - Allied Health, Healthcare - Dental Care, Healthcare - Nursing, Healthcare - Physician, Non-Executive Management, Social Services/Counseling, Veterinary Services
- Job Type: Permanent
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to our space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers. Aerojet Rocketdyne offers a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion. Visit for more information on our company, our products and our mission.
Within the Shared Services Indirect Procurement organization, this position is responsible for the day-to-day category management of Environmental Remediation and Waste Disposal activities. Serve as the business relationship manager to Aerojet Rocketdyne's (AR) Safety, Health & Environmental (SH&E) stakeholder community, and as the liaison manager to the third-party procurement services outsource provider or other suppliers of Shared Services Indirect Procurement. Drive teams to execute on contract terms and conditions and ensure on-time delivery of projects and sourcing events. The ideal candidate will have a background in Environmental Remediation and Waste Disposal activities; however, it is not essential and other category management experience may be considered.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
* Responsible for the day-to-day category management of Environmental Remediation and Hazardous Waste Disposal contracts. Serve as the liaison and contract subject matter expert to the SH&E stakeholder community, and as a liaison to the third party outsource provider of Indirect Procurement services. (25%)
* Performance Management: Procure complex Environmental Remediation and Waste Disposal services and capital construction items in support of the SH&E organization across the AR Enterprise. Prepare complex solicitations such as RFIs, RFQs, or RFPs for various SH&E projects including but not necessarily limited to GET (groundwater extraction treatment) facility upgrades, monitor well drilling, waste disposal and remediation activities. Use Service Level or Key Performance methodologies track and analyze vendor performance, generate reports as required, provide operational oversight, assess and execute penalties or incentives per contract terms. Identify issues and opportunities, provide recommendations for performance improvement, and when necessary implement action plans accordingly. (25%)
* Relationship Management: Be a key participant in Environmental Remediation and Waste Disposal category projects, provide status on supplier performance, and facilitate problem resolution activities. Establish strong partnerships with AR stakeholders to ensure effective planning and collaboration on appropriate vendor/contractual related matters. Effectively manage relationship with vendor account/delivery managers to ensure consistent service delivery and customer satisfaction. Facilitate communication and coordination of activities between AR stakeholders and vendor delivery managers and project teams. Coordinate vendor activities as they relate to customer initiatives, program enhancements and new implementations. Lead or be a key participant in problem resolution activities, utilizing a governance model as depicted in the contract(s). (25%)
* Contract Administration: Be the subject matter expert on contracts pertaining to outsourced third-party arrangement, including terms and conditions, financial provisions, roles and responsibilities and all supporting documents. Team lead in contract formulation, negotiations, and post-award change control. Using data driven analytics, evaluate and monitor contracts to ensure vendors comply with all contractual terms and conditions. Act as the liaison between AR Legal and vendors. Serve as an informal SME and on-the-job training resource for vendor delivery managers and/or AR stakeholder groups. (20%)
* Project Management: Be a key participant in Environmental Remediation and Waste Disposal category planning, provide status on supplier performance, and facilitate problem resolution activities. Lead or support cross-functional project teams to develop efficient processes aligned with long-term corporate goals. Adapt or create new and effective processes as necessary. Manage broad functional projects and/or participate as a contract SME on larger project or initiatives. (5%)
* Bachelor's degree plus minimum of six (6) years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience in an Environmental Remediation and Waste Disposal related Category Management environment is preferred; other Category Management experience may be considered.
* Experience in a in a third party outsourcing function that included accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required for successful execution is preferred.
* Demonstrated skills in contract formulation.
* Prior experience in negotiating and analyzing contracts along with knowledge of vendor performance metrics preferred.
* Ability to influence others and be a key contributor or leader on Environmental Remediation and Waste Disposal management project teams.
* Contract negotiation and excellent written/verbal communication skills.
* Strong presentation, organizational, interpersonal communication, and analytical skills required.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel; knowledge of other Microsoft Office products.
Requires U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency or other status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.