Position Summary: The Staff Accountant will provide significant focus on advanced spreadsheets, creating journal entries and reconciliation. The Incumbent needs the ability to effectively manage accurate input of data into our various accounting and computer operating systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
- Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Responsible for fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information in accordance with established procedures with company policy and state regulations.
- Maintains financial records by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles primary and subsidiary banking accounts.
- Maintains general ledger through information gathering.
- Provides financial status through special reporting or ad hoc projects as requested by Senior Management.
- Prepares journal entries
- Assists in reviewing of departmental expenses
- Assists internal, external, and/or regulatory auditors. Maintains strict security and confidence of all records and reports.
- Notifies Controller of any potential discrepancies or delays and researches and resolve problems.
- Ensures compliance with Internal Control Policies and Procedures. Adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies in an ethical manner.
- Audits and reconciles daily documents and report any deviations from established company policies and procedures. Performs daily audits accurately and efficiently in accordance to established policy and procedures and documents the results of the audit.
- Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position’s supervisor.
- Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities: In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
- Obtain and retain required license(s).
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
- Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Position Qualifications: 4-year Accounting or Finance degree from an Accredited Institution. Alternately, a combination of education and experience may be considered. Ability to adhere to multiple deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks. Advanced general math skills. Intermediate MS office skills are required. and Advanced Excel skills preferred. Ability to remain objective and thorough in completion of assigned duties. Great attention to detail and organization.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Virginia Racing Commission License
A list of physical demands, equipment, & work environment demands can be reviewed in Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.