This can be a remote position within the U.S., or local to our HQ in Solana Beach, CA.
As Manager of Supplier Relations, you will actively manage global research suppliers, including contract research organizations (CROs), academic core facilities, and other life science research suppliers, as well as helping to expand their businesses.
This role will actively engage CROs to assess their experience, challenges, and successes through our marketplace, and find creative ways to help them expand their reach to our client network of top pharmaceutical companies globally. You will help to identify continuous improvement avenues to streamline ongoing and upcoming work processes and build out SMART goals to address key needs across Supplier Relations and Scientist.com business units.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Scientist.com business, including the Scientist.com platform functionality, to best support leading CROs within the industry
- Reach out to existing suppliers by email, phone, and potentially onsite at supplier facility to build and/or strengthen relationships with Scientist.com
- Troubleshoot supplier questions and/or problems, with support from internal team members, and exhibit top class customer service
- Identify areas of opportunity for supplier growth based on their needs and develop solutions
- Sell Marketing Services and additional offerings to existing suppliers as well as brainstorm to create new marketing pathways to increase net revenue
- Identify new avenues to increase net revenue across Scientist.com's supplier network, and associated channel partners
- Review data insights and making business recommendations, which can be used to create new internal strategies
- Present summaries at routine team meetings
- Collaborate cross functionally across all applicable business units to drive the maximum value out of supplier relationships to grow supplier and Scientist.com revenue
- Project management - support a variety of projects across supplier relations, marketing, finance, and associated functions
- BS or MS in a scientific field, or equivalent work experience
- Flexibility in work hours (for contacting suppliers in other countries and time zones)
- Self-starter capable of working independently, with a high degree of autonomy
- Detail oriented and self-motivated; excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid writing, editing, presentation and communications skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Benefits & Details
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package and 401K matching
- Stock options at a high-growth start-up company
- Flexible vacation plan
- Build your Biotech and Pharma network through delivery of a world-class solution
- This role is full-time, 40 hours a week
Scientist.com is the world's largest marketplace for medical research. We help pharmaceutical scientists discover life-saving medicines in less time and at lower cost. Our mission is to make it possible to cure all human disease by 2050.
By connecting scientists and enabling them to exchange ideas and transact seamlessly online, Scientist.com is speeding up and reducing the cost of medical research. We were founded in 2007, launched our first research outsourcing marketplace in 2008 and built our first enterprise marketplace for Pfizer in 2009. Today, we operate enterprise marketplaces for 20 of the world's top 30 pharmaceutical companies, 80 biotechnology companies and the US National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Named as Inc. Magazines Best Workplaces 2018 & 2019 and 9th Fastest Growing Company in the U.S. 2018, we are seeking talented, creative, and hard-working individuals who want to transform how research is done and help speed the discovery of new cures in oncology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, and thousands of other common and rare diseases.
Scientist.com Hiring Philosophy
Scientist.com is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you're interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment - we encourage you to apply!