How to Apply
This posting is for 30 openings and your application will be considered for ALL OF THEM!
Get Ready to EXPLORE!
NCDOT’s Transportation Engineer Associate (TEA) Program is an amazing opportunity for emerging engineers to launch their careers. Get hired as an NCDOT engineer-in-training and choose your 6 rotations over 18 months exploring diverse areas such as R&D, materials, marine, rail, aviation, highway, construction, geotechnical, environmental planning, bike/ped, drones, integrated mobility, photogrammetry, hydrology, planning, and more. All working with award-winning NCDOT teams.
When you complete the program, select the engineering team you love best for your permanent assignment and advance your career.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
TEA is a one-of-a-kind program exclusively for recent engineering graduates with a passion for transportation, public service, and the drive to lead the smart transportation revolution.
Gain hands-on learning and experience in a permanent paid position with full state benefits and a pension. Openings are available across North Carolina, and you may be given the opportunity to relocate.
Start at $65,000 entering the program and $71,391 at TEA graduation.
What You Bring
- An interest in smart transportation in areas such as environmental planning, design, construction, big data analytics, UAS, R&D, & maintenance
- Analytical thinking and academic success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership potential
- An unofficial copy of your most recent college transcripts
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering in Civil, Architectural, Agricultural , Mechanical, Chemical, Surveying, Electrical, Geomatics, Biological, Biosystems, Environmental, Systems Engineering, or other 4-year engineering program, and
- Less than 2 years of post-graduation engineering experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Stand Out
- In your application demonstrate your passion for engineering and commitment to public service.
- We value diversity and encourage all qualified individuals, with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.
- We are only permitted to hire candidates authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
- Chloe Fanelli at (919) 707-4439.
- Chandra Cross at (919) 707-6686.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on