How to Apply
You must apply at https://tinyurl.com/52swpkfs by Feb 3, 2023 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER PAY: $41,429 - $72,500
We are looking for a Utility Coordinator to join our Division 4 Construction team in Wilson NC.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate the design and management of physical utility relocations and protection of utility facilities during the highway project design and construction phases.
- Facilitate utility relocations prior to and/or during the highway project construction to meet/expedite our project schedule and maintain safety of workers/roadway users.
- Promote communications between parties, (Contractors, utility owners, and NCDOT).
- Complete all necessary planning, engineering, permitting, and construction oversight to complete the utility relocations process from initial project scoping though utility construction completion.
- Supervise and monitor outside design firms, municipalities, and private companies.
- Coordinate all utility relocations/accommodations to ensure project delivery schedules are met and not delayed due to utility impacts.
What You Bring
- Experience performing inspection of utility relocation/construction as part of highway projects/utility encroachments.
- Experience reading and interpreting highway construction plans and cross sections/utility relocations.
- Excellent communication skills to engage the public, contractors, utility owners and other NCDOT staff.
- Project management experience overseeing multiple projects simultaneously and completing assignments within specified time requirements.
- Ability to work well independently or with limited supervision.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree in Engineering Technology, Survey Technology, or a related field, and
- 3+ years technician experience; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Melissa Harrison at 252-640-6415.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on