Are you passionate about building a scalable web application that meets rapidly changing business needs? Do you care about the best web application development practices such as writing secure code, designing a scalable system, or continuous integration and deployment which allows you to move fast? How about staying on top of the current technology and being able to make meaningful decisions that enable you to build more effectively?
Coin is a very exciting startup that is building open solutions in the blockchain industry. You will be working on cutting-edge innovation, cultivating and capturing new opportunities at lightning speed in an environment where disruptive talent comes together to explore, discover and develop groundbreaking solutions to tackle revolutionary challenges. The founders of the company are very experienced leaders with startup and corporate experience at Microsoft. The team is top class, with an amazing advisory team, and professional working relationship.
We believe that our engineers should take a leading role in designing, architecting, building and testing our product. We want you to help us build our platform and bring blockchain technology to widespread usage. We are looking for a leader, a generalist, a full-stack engineer, who is not only excited about developing cool and interesting features but also experienced in driving a team of developers to execute our overall product strategy.
- Work with our CTO and a team of developers and provide insight into our web growth strategy, spanning web products, data analytics, testing, and automation
- Build-out our modern web architecture to enable us to more quickly ship new features into production at scale
- Develop and maintain our web framework to serve the needs of different areas of the business and user personas
- Implement new logging, data collection, and storage architectures to support our voracious appetite for data and data-driven insights
- Own web development projects from backend to the presentation layer
- Work through a variety of technical challenges that will require creativity and close collaboration across internal functions
- Own the deployment and release process
- Release early, release often (we love continuous integration)
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- API design and development, web services such as REST, SOAP, WCF, Web API, GraphQL
- Database technologies like MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Web server technologies like Node.js, Apache, Nginx, Redis, etc.
- Cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, etc.
- Own the responsibility for analysis, design and implementation of blockchain development
- Solid programming skills, with strong experience in Solidity and decentralized architectures through DAO's, oracles, and other supporting infrastructure
- Writing, testing, and deploying Ethereum smart contracts and building the System design (oracles, services, etc) around them
- Supporting the development of DApps as part of our platform
- 5+ years of experience working in a modern commercial web development environment, developing/releasing consumer-facing web applications, web services and APIs.
- Experience building and/or consuming web services (REST, SOAP, WCF, Web API, GraphQL)
- Demonstrated knowledge in server, network, and hosting environments
- Thorough understanding and implementation of data security and data protection strategies
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (such as Git, Bitbucket, SVN, Mercurial)
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, Thrift)
- Past experience or familiarity with architectural patterns of large, high-scale web or mobile applications
- Clear understanding of the agile software development methodology with a background in object oriented design and analysis
- Advanced debugging and profiling skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong contributor to design sessions, coding, code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, bug fixes and promoting common standards and best practices.
- Analytical and strong quantitative skills, plus experience combining code and math
- Educated in cryptography, fintech or related field or experience preferred
- Experience / interest in distributed and decentralized systems preferred
- Have worked in a team following project management methodologies such as scrum / agile
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, distributed and fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the cryptographic principles underpinning of Blockchain technologies
- Passion for the blockchain, crypto and emerging technologies
- Ability to effectively manage one’s own time as well as manage tasks from multiple concurrent projects
- Solid communication skills with attention to details