Job Title: Warehouse Lead
Warehouse of Fixtures has an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Lead in our St. Louis location. If you have experience in warehousing, inventory and leading a team, we would love to hear from you!
Warehouse of Fixtures continues the tradition of excellence in new, preowned, and refurbished office furniture. Our company serves businesses nationwide and internationally with a focus in the St. Louis and Kansas City metropolitan areas.
Our business has a strong community involvement, donating our time, money, and furniture to worthwhile local causes such as Operation Food Search, Foster and Adoptive Care Coalition, and the Urban League. We also have a very strong commitment to re-use/recycle, keeping furniture out of the waste stream every year.
- 15+ Years of Operations Family Owned
- 60+ Years of local name recognition
- Excellent reputation built around strong customer values, service, and solution-focused approach.
Summary of Position
- The Warehouse Lead will plan, schedule, implement, and monitor production and inventory activities to ensure goods are received and delivered by targeted dates while ensuring productivity targets are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, assembled, distributed and tagged.
- Loading, unloading, wrapping and storing furniture on delivery trucks or in the warehouse.
- Develops and maintains inventory databases for supplies and materials used. Establishes and maintains backup source(s) high-demand items.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or conveys orders to packing station or shipping bays.
- Distributes job assignments and monitors production.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Adheres to all OSHA requirements.
Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented
- Well organized
- Excellent communication skills
- A minimum of one year experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Proactive approach; identifies and solves problems
- Adaptability; flexible to changing market forces and shifting priorities
- Ability to break down complex ideas and communicate them in simple and easy to understand ways
- Demonstrated ability to work with and lead a team
- Desire to continuously improve
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Forklift certification required
Education and/or Experience College preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient on the computer and with Microsoft Excel.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k (with matching)
- Paid Time Off / Flexible Hours
- Work Week Monday - Friday
- Paid Weekly
- Great Team Atmosphere