POSITION: Teacher Assistant-Middle School
Bachelor Degree preferred
NYS Teaching Assistant Certification
Teaching Experience a plus (+)
Computer skills, organizational Skills and classroom management skills
Must be proficient in subject when working in independent group activity
SALARY: Non-Certified $ 20,883.77; Certified $ 22,871.96
Benefits the 1st of the Mo. following 60 days
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Required to be in the classroom unless on a specific assignment such as break or lunch.
- Take attendance daily and update Power School system
- Take accurate lunch count daily, complete lunch forms weekly and forward to administrative assistants by end of week.
- Must obtain prior approval to work during the Teachers absence, from the Principal. Hours worked must be reported on the same day and timesheets signed/initialed.
- Will escort and monitor children during lunch and recess in the teacher’s absence.
- At recess, the TA will have students engaged in active play and physical activities.
- At scheduled times, line-up and escort students to different activities.
- At completion of above, ensure student enters classroom quietly, are seated and prepared to work.
- While the teacher is working with a group, the TA is responsible for monitoring the groups work independently.
- Check students books for accurate notes and assist students with taking notes to improve their writing and study skills
- Work with small groups/individual students to reinforce the lessons at the direction of the teacher.
- Assist with the tidiness of the classroom by ensuring coats and book bags are put away
- Check student books bags for books and perform book inspections on Fridays
- Assist in filing and any other clerical/organizational work as assigned by the teacher or principal. Including, maintaining Bulletin Board/display and copying as requested.