Alside represents over seven decades of inspired innovation. Founded in 1947, Alside is a leading manufacturer of vinyl siding and accessories, vinyl windows and patio doors, and fencing and railing products for the residential and commercial remodeling and new construction markets.
With headquarters in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, Alside has over 3000 employees in its seven manufacturing facilities (Cuyahoga Falls OH; West Salem OH; Ennis TX; Cedar Rapids IA; Kinston NC, Bothell WA; and Yuma AZ). Alside products are distributed to licensed professional remodeling contractors and home builders through our network of over 100 Alside Supply Centers and also through select independent distributors across the country.
A division of Associated Materials Incorporated (AMI), Alside is a recognized leader in the home improvement industry, and is a charter member of the Vinyl Siding Institute, the American Association of Architects, the National Association of Home Builders, and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager, the Territory Sales Representative will be primarily responsible for developing target accounts and maintaining and driving new business within the Louisville territory.
- Leads all sales and account/planning, forecasting, reporting, management efforts for assigned accounts within territory
- Understands, assesses, and anticipates customers’ objectives, strategies, and requirements to identify and pursue sales opportunities
- Acquires new customers to maximize supply center revenue
- Responsible for escalated customer service issue follow-up, but not the primary contact point for issue resolution
- Works closely with supply center and corporate resource to have them enter & fulfill orders
- Strong knowledge of the AMI sales process and policies (e.g., accruals, credit, expenses, rewards)
- Brings expert core product specification knowledge, application, and value to the customer
- Understands necessary building codes and how they impact AMI products
- Reads blueprints and understands take-off capabilities for core products
- Sells remodeling, new construction, project work, and ISS
- Must be able to accurately and professionally demonstrate all core products to small and large groups
- Justifies and negotiates correct market value pricing for the assigned territory
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful sales history preferred
- Bachelor's degree Required
- Self-directed, highly organized, customer-focused, detail oriented, and competitive
- Preferred working knowledge of core building material products (specifically windows & siding) for both single and multi-family applications
- Preferred familiarity with new construction, light commercial building needs in addition to remodeling & renovation
- Preferred general construction knowledge
- Must ability to work with others (must be able to leverage resources), must be a team player with strong teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (specifically PowerPoint & Excel)