Bessemer Trust is seeking a manager for the Corporate Actions team in the Custody department. The preferred applicant has management experience, control mindset and experience in financial services and corporate actions.
Responsibilities will include:
* Managerial oversight of the Corporate Action team on a day-to-day basis * 6 person team * All corporate action types: voluntary and mandatory * All domestic and global dividend and interest payments
* Designing and implementing multi-factor controls and managing complex business processes * Direct oversight of critical corporate actions functions * Primary point of contact for custody stakeholders including senior management, client and wealth advisors on issues relating to corporate actions * Identifying technical and operational opportunities to enhance the daily operations of corporate action processing * Familiarity with the following security types: * Equities * Fixed Income * Foreign Exchange * Mutual Funds
* Familiarity with the following function: * Trust Accounting
* Develop tactical and strategic plans for the Corporate Action team * Implementation of new systems or processes or modifications to existing systems or processes to enhance efficiency or mitigate risk * Ensure that corporate action processes comply on an ongoing basis with regulatory and internal standards * Serve on internal committees and boards
* Bachelor's degree, with a focus in business, finance, or economics preferred * Custody operations experience in a leadership role * Experience with and understanding of FIS Global Plus system is a plus * Experience with XSP is a plus * Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint * Excellent relationship-building skills with a desire to work in a highly collaborative team environment * Temperament to deal with high volume and dynamic environment * Excellent verbal and written communication skills * Goal and detail oriented with analytical and organizational skills
Bessemer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We courage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.