Compensation: $96,670.00 - $59,220.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Veterinary Services
Center for Animal Referral and Emergency Services (CARES), a BluePearl Veterinary Partners hospital in Langhorne, PA is hiring an exceptional Surgery Veterinary Assistant.
- Are you a passionate assistant looking to improve your skills in the veterinary field?
- Do you want an opportunity to work with some of the brightest veterinary professional in this industry?
- Does Surgery excite you!?
We strive to provide state-of-the-art services to our patients and clients. We are very proactive in supporting our technician team to advance their careers. We have many specialized technicians in Anesthesia, Internal Medicine and Emergency/Critical Care. Applicants should have a strong knowledge base, motivation to learn, and ambition to work in a fast paced team environment.
As a Surgery Veterinary Assistant you will:
- Strong knowledge of surgical instruments and how to care for them including orthopedic drills, saws and how to sterilize them
- Familiar with running and maintaining ETO2 gas sterilizers and steam autoclaves
- Prepping the patient, setting up equipment, and assisting the surgeon in all procedures
- Responsible for sponge and instrument counts
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures, what equipment is needed, how to surgically assist, and how to maintain equipment post operatively
- Uses practice management software to maintain client and patient records according to hospital protocol.
- Understands and provides safe restraint for cooperative canine and feline patients during examination or procedures, including radiology, ultrasound and anesthetic induction.
- Accurately identifies and reports quality and quantity of vomiting, regurgitation, urine and fecal output.
- Able to set up intravenous fluids.
- Prepares supplies for IVC placement, blood draw and urinary catheter placement.
- Prepares supplies for procedures to be performed by technician or veterinarian.
- Ensures hospital working areas are cleaned, stocked and maintained in accordance with hospital policy
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, groundbreaking healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.Yoursuccessisoursuccess.
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90' paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.AdditionalBenefits:
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- experienced veterinary social workers on staff
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Associated topics: animal care assistant, animal care technician, attendant, vet assistant, vet attendant, vet technician, veterinary assistant, veterinary attendant, veterinary technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...