The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Policy Writing Assistant. The Policy Writing Assistant will be responsible for writing, editing and placing outgoing media and communication pieces for the Policy team. This position will report to the Policy Director and coordinate with the Brand Marketing and Communications Manager.
This is a full-time position located in Lyons, Nebraska. Compensation is commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided. Some travel in Nebraska and surrounding states is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinated with policy program staff as well as grassroots supporters to create content including policy statements, press releases, letters to the editor, and op-eds.
- Assist policy team members to edit and review content, develop compelling narratives consistent with the Center's goals and values, and refine and tailor messages to reach a broad and inclusive audience.
- Coordinate with the Brand Marketing and Communications Manager to respond to media inquiries about policy work, develop and maintain relationships with members of the media, and assist in placement of media pieces.
- Work closely with the members of the policy team to plan and execute media strategy.
- Strategize ways to utilize communications and media to influence policy decisions and enhance exposure to the Center's original research and analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, be creative and manage multiple demands at once.
- Willingness to travel in Nebraska and surrounding states on a regular basis.
- Familiarity with and understanding of rural communities; prior experience with political or issue campaigns; ability to connect with people regardless of political or cultural background.
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, three professional references, and two writing samples to ...@cfra.org. The position will remain open until filled. The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: associate, attendance, clinician, counselor, healthcare, registration, school guidance counselor, school nurse, scriptwriter, speech language pathologist