About the Position
Office:Raleigh - Cary
Location of Position:Cary
Do you love reading and writing? Do you have experience teaching or tutoring students? College Tutors of Cary is looking for Part-time English, Reading, and Writing Tutors to make a difference in students' lives. We have a variety of tutoring positions available throughout the Triangle area.
The ideal candidate must be:
* Available to work 5 - 15 hours/week
* Available to work Monday - Friday 2:30-8:00 p.m. and occasional Saturdays
* Enjoy and experience tutoring/teaching/working with children (i.e. school setting, church setting, daycare setting, formal tutoring experience, etc)
* Recent graduates and/or current students must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher, ideally a major or degree concentration in an English, reading, writing, or education area
* Expert knowledge in following English, Reading, and Writing areas: Elementary Literature & Reading Strategies, Elementary Writing, Middle School Literature & Reading Strategies, Middle School Writing, High School Literature & Reading Strategies, High School Writing, Rhetoric, Grammar, Composition, AP English, American Literature, British Literature, Multicultural Literature, etc. (Note: applicants will be asked to provide college transcripts)
* Demonstrate good study habits and organizational skills
* Knowledgeable of current technology
* Able to provide at least 3 professional and character references that demonstrate reliability, responsibility, energy and honesty
* Be reliable and show competency to parent/guardian in interactions that allow the parent to have an understanding of what you are working on with student. This includes having common sense and communication skills to assure safe care and a warm environment of care.
* Be dependable and able to communicate verbally to parents and supervisors
Responsibilities of tutors include:
* Providing one-on-one tutoring to students in various subject areas with a customized approach
* Assisting students with homework and coursework
* Using various tutoring resources and curriclum to assist in building students' skill set, including College Tutors? resources
* Acting as a mentor and role model for each student
* Compensation is $12.00 - 15.00 per hour depending on experience.
This is a great opportunity to impact the lives of students and their families! Fill out an application today! We want to meet you and share with you why we are so passionate about what we do and why hundreds of tutors choose us as their employer. Then we'd love to talk with you to see if we are a good fit for each other.
Apply For This PositionBack To Team Page
Associated topics: ballroom, child care, driving school, extracurricular, guitar, gymnastics, muse, piano, sat, sierra club