A Great Place to Work
Last year, we transformed the P2P payments industry with Zelle. 247-million transactions and $75-billion later, consumers love us as much as our amazing team of talented people. Come join the most INNOVATIVE FinTech company in Arizona.
This position is responsible for providing leadership to the Technical Writing team, overseeing all internal and external-facing documentation and content produced within the department. This manager ensures the departments' technical documentation needs are met, establishes standards and processes, creates complex internal and external technical documentation, ensures effective content management and archival, and guides the team in effective techniques.
* Provide effective leadership to Technical Writer staff to create an engaged, high performing team.
* Ensure the team effectively manages assignments. Prioritize work, allocate resources, evaluate project timelines, communicate status, and ensure customer and department needs are met. Deliver work products that are timely, cost effective, high quality, and convey a professional image aligned with the company's objectives.
* Build effective processes to manage a wide variety of technical documentation (technical / user guides, policies, procedures, work instructions, service bulletins, task lists, etc.). Ensure content is properly categorized, stored in an organized manner, consistent, easily searched and retrieved, and archived according to document retention policies.
* Meet with technical and business stakeholders to collect the knowledge needed to create technical documentation. Develop subject expertise within the team for the company's products and services. Research and translate technical information into content appropriate for intended technical and non-technical audiences.
* Develop, apply and continuously improve standards and best practices for documentation and content management.
* Design and implement effective measurements and controls for the team in areas such as productivity, volumes, accuracy / quality and timeliness.
* Identify and implement changes that can increase productivity and team capacity, reduce the amount of repetitive content being maintained, and drive other improvements.
* Stay current on technologies and content management techniques that can be beneficial to the company and keep the team's skills current. Influence the implementation of such techniques and technologies where warranted / justified. Provide leadership in employing multiple media formats (PDF, online / web, application-embedded content, etc.).
* Manage the team's performance including goal setting and delivering performance feedback.
* Serve as the departments' liaison to other departments such as Compliance and Corporate Communications, with respect to documentation.
* Ensure compliance with applicable company and departmental policies and procedures, and provide effective work instructions, task lists and other tools.
* Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
* Education and experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
* Proven project leadership skills including a combined four or more years of progressive experience leading projects or process improvement efforts.
* Prior personnel management and leadership experience including one or more years supervising others, assigning and overseeing work, providing performance feedback, hiring, etc.
* Minimum of five years of experience developing technical documentation; writing and editing technical manuals, guides and/or training aids.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to accurately and effectively proofread and edit documents.
* Ability to understand and effectively translate highly technical concepts and information into business and training materials.
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
* Experience with modeling tools, wiki markup languages (e.g. Confluence), graphics software (e.g. Visio, Illustrator), publishing software (e.g. Adobe), and content management tools such as Sharepoint.
* Experience developing technical documentation for software technology products and services.
* Fluent in standard modeling languages, such as (but not limited to): UML, SysML, OWL, BPMN and SOMF
* Experience with Agile or Scrum framework
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may require occasional standing, walking, kneeling, and reaching. Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Early Warning is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans.