WRITING CENTER COORDINATOR
SAIS is looking for a part-time Writing Center Coordinator for a ten-month term appointment.This position provides administrative and pedagogical leadership in the design, implementation and supervision of best practices to support the academic writing needs of the SAIS community.The Writing Center is open to all SAIS students and offers academic support related to a graduate-level professional program.
* Create clear goals and objectives for the Writing Center coaches in order to support the current student population
* Select, train and supervise the writing coaches
* Create, maintain and oversee the scheduling for virtual and face-to-face sessions for individual student appointments
* Manage a caseload of individual student appointments
* Monitor and evaluate the standards of service and needs of the student population
* Track and report the usage of the Writing Center
* Develop and teach writing workshops and tutorials (minimum two per semester)
* Consult with faculty on student writing needs
* Recommend purchases of instructional materials and other resources relevant to the activities of the Writing Center
* Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Rhetoric & Composition, Writing Studies, English, or related field strongly preferred.
* Three years related experience required. At least two years of experience as an administrator of a Writing Center in a university setting or comparable position preferred.
* Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
* Previous writing instruction experience strongly desired.
* Prior development and implementation of instructional materials and curriculum design strongly preferred
JH at SAIS - Washington DC