McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision ?that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission?by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Proposal Analyst shares responsibility for the strategic development and the execution of concise, compelling, customer-focused written materials that promotes McKesson Specialty Health's manufacturer service offerings with clear statements of value to current and potential customers.
The Proposal Analyst will receive guidance from Senior Leadership in managing the organization's proposal process with additional responsibilities that involve actively participating in a wide array of marketing and new business development activities. This includes providing support as needed for high quality written materials by writing, editing, and proofreading proposals, presentations, web-based communications, and related marketing materials for varied audiences and ensuring compliance with writing and branding guidelines.
The Proposal Analyst is directly responsible for acknowledging receipt of, analyzing, developing RFP responses and delivering the finished proposals to the requesting party within the established deadline. The Analyst will work collaboratively across all business unit segments and peer Marketing, Sales and Legal Contract employees to answer all RFP questions in a fashion that provides a One McKesson solution set. The Analyst will support metrics and pipeline tracking reports and provide content for final RFP responses.
* Develops proposals and templates to support new business acquisition by effectively translating sales strategies into detailed proposal content and by providing input into the strategic positioning of the response; responsible for the quality and accuracy of assigned proposals; facilitates and manage processes that solicit input from internal stakeholders and subject experts for project execution; collaborates with sales, marketing, and other experts. Works on production timeline content creation in the areas of: writing and delivery, researching, editing, proof reading, designing and submission.
* Provides writing and editorial support for written materials including copy for proposals, templates, presentations, and other marketing materials with conformity to writing, formatting, and branding guidelines.
* Supports identification of new business opportunities through pipeline and market research, trend analysis, and RFPs. Works with the Associate Director of Sales Operations to establish applicable policies/standards and tracking methodologies and reporting to support new business metrics and analysis.
* Collaborates with subject matter experts, BD and sales, marketing professionals, and senior leaders to develop broad BU capability responses to commonly asked questions. Conducts research and collects responses to specific RFP questions and stores them in a database of common responses for re-use in proposals, presentations, web-based communication and other customer-facing written materials.
6 years of experience in proposal analysis
Minimum of 4 years proposal management or marketing experience required (Fortune 500 company experience preferred) that includes proposal development and management, project management, analysis and marketing communications. Preference for APMP certification.
Specialized Knowledge/Skills ?
* Experience specific to the specialty healthcare or pharmaceutical segment
* Demonstrated understanding of healthcare continuum and relationship between manufacturers, providers and payers
* Ability to cultivate and manage projects and relationships with remote peers and/or customers
* RFP response development and delivery to internal and external audiences from peers to executive level management
* Solid knowledge of proposal best practices; strong research, analysis and negotiation skills
* Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com skills
* Discretion and ability to manage through complex and sensitive issues
* Excellent grammar and vocabulary skills
* Excellent research, writing and editing skills
Bachelor's degree required. Fields of study for consideration include: Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or a related field or equivalent profession experience
General office environment
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance ? individual and team ? that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it's flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can't do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission?whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company?and of healthcare. At McKesson, you'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer ? minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.